Sunday 17 January 2010

White stuff

 

22

How we are restricted when covered with snow; communication grinds to a halt and we retreat to our burrow. Beaten by the white stuff, cold and deep, filling the pantry with food and drink. Clearing our small path to the edge of the road as if that will put everything right. 26

I got to use the telephone much more recently, contacting folk who I had not seen in a long time, and better, fixing dates to go and spend time with them.

Here's to the spring of 2010.

1 comment:

awareness said...

I can't even go there....thinking of spring yet. I'd lose my mind! We have a few more major storms ahead of us before winter will come to an end. Yesterday and today (and the next couple of days) were gorgeous despite all the white stuff. Big blue skies, temperatures hovering around the freezing mark.....blinding bright sun. WE had a dusting (15 cm) of snow on Wednesday, and the roads were awful, but now there are clear and the snowbanks glisten, the pine trees shimmer, and the sleeping fields look unspoiled and untouched by any humans.
By the end of February, I will be going squirrely for spring. :)