Monday 2 March 2009

Between sleep & awake

Last Saturday was one of those days when things just dropped into place. I had a late morning call to make, which I had not been looking forward to; I was late and running low on petrol. I daren't stop on the way, as I said I was late already. The call turned out better than expected and after a coffee I was back on the road again. The tank was almost empty - yet still no sign of a petrol warning light, as I pulled into the garage at Guisborough.


Back at the friary all was quiet, no one around. Great, I decided to do some housework and a little in the garden (it's surprising how much I can get done when there is no-one around); a little lunch and then some more clearing up and mopping the floors. Latter I must have been flagging and in need of some caffeine, I put the kettle on and made a nice cup of coffee. Going through to the sitting room I found the easy chair and put some music on (Classic FM).

Before long I was nodding off, the music just holding me between sleep & awake; it was a pleasant state and not one I wanted to change. The old clock struck the hour and I wondered what time folk would be back. An oboe concerto began and I felt I was listening to perfection; the sound was moving me through emotional dimensions - I guess I could put it down to being half asleep. Excerpt from concerto - let me know what you think.


Note to evening office: All work and no play/ rest makes David a misery.
.

2 comments:

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

Crumbs!
where to start?

would it be the terrific ground level shot..or is that a wall or bank?

could it be the stunning balancing tree + steps?

the stones? ( in and of themselves...this is a person who uses stones each week when teaching infants...)

the music?

or the way the music is there?

So much to consider!
thank you

J Pearson said...

Thanks MMP - I enjoyed the walk too.
You have inspired me to do a video.
Ground level indeed, moss n stuff; the tree looked as if it was right out of a fairy glen.
I love my stones but the kids tend to be in their teens + some..