Wednesday 4 March 2009

Hayburn Wyke



The walk last Sunday is still fresh in my mind and I couldn't resist putting the pictures into a video. Tomaso Albinoni now on my Ipod seemed a good choice of backing music. Hayburn Wyke is in North Yorkshire, a little north of Scarborough; close to Ravenscar.

The waterfall comes over the cliff and down to the shoreline; you could not call it a beach. Rocks, boulders and stones; I should also mention - a great place for fossils along this stretch of coastline, all the way up to Robin Hoods Bay.

Note to memo: Take time to smell the flowers. (must be almost spring)?
.

4 comments:

awareness said...

Beautiful.....the music and the pictures. They fit perfectly. Simple Gifts... :)

The beach and the scenery remind me of an area in Nova Scotia where I like to go for walks. Part of that beach is covered in stones and is also a great fossil place.

I look forward to the aroma of the flowers again too.

J Pearson said...

I managed to get a short walk this morning; through the woods towards the sea. The birds were in good voice and in the last few days - the daffodils are out - Wow...

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

thank you
have been introduced to a fantastic composer!

J Pearson said...

MMP - You are very welcome.
This guy is new to me too.