Tuesday 3 May 2011

Dufton Pike

P1090745a A lovely weekend, spent with friends. Times of sharing thoughts and dreams, concerns and choices, interspersed with laughter and love of one another.

Dufton Pike was too inviting, despite the strong wind; worth every step.

I could barely stand at the top as the wind took my breath away. The rest of the small band of travellers set off on the decent, I stayed awhile to take in the experience, intent on revisiting this experience throughout the coming weeks.

P1090764a

 

Psalm 2

O Spirit of God’s eternal springtime heart, grant me the virtue of elasticity. Make my heart as boundless as my Beloved’s heart which at this moment is creating new galaxies and infant suns.

Stir my mind well with your sacred spoon to awaken the fermentation of ideas. Stirred by the ten thousand little compromises required for me by the stiffness of the old leathered skins of society and religion.

2 comments:

Somewhere round about said...

a friend asked to be taken to the top of a hill where she would hear no traffic and see no people

she came down a different person

these pictures remind me of that day

J Pearson said...

Hey Gilly - It is really breath taking, my friend John could hardly stand. There is something about being vulnerable and not quite in control.