Friday 29 May 2009

Friends far off


I spoke to a good friend recently, who now lives far off. He was telling about the area, things he had done, we laughed, talked and shared our thoughts. "When are you coming to see us" he asked; "I have so much to show you".

Remembering when I was a boy and cousins would come to visit. I would watch excitedly at the bedroom window, counting the cars till they arrived. Out would come the toys and we would run around; I would show them secret hiding places and we would tell stories of our adventures. The table would be spread, and around five of us would squeeze onto the long stool.

Note to morning office: How excited are you my God, to hear of my adventures; and how much have you to show me.
.

2 comments:

awareness said...

Summers here in the Canadian Maritimes bring family and friends from other parts of the country to visit. My home turns into a B and B which I love as many will stop here for a couple of days before they head off to see Prince Edward Island or Nova Scotia.... The catching up stuff sitting around the outdoor table on a warm summer night often gets me through a long frigidly cold spell in the middle of February. I particularly love it when I find myself sitting with an old friend whom I havent seen in a long time and realize just how much we have in common still. It's like having the opportunity to reach back to a touchstone of our past. Those moments ground us and validate our life journey.

J Pearson said...

Priceless - the stuff good lives are made of :)