Tuesday 12 May 2009

Batty Bat


I had just taken a stroll down the garden; the sun has dipped below the distant hills. About this time of night we have a bat that flits around between the hedges and trees; I only ever see one at a time, though there must be more? How fast he fly's and I can only see him when he is silhouetted against the fading sky. He might as well be invisible or not there at all until he emerges against the light. These are not scary creatures but fascinating flights of speed and maneuverability; no time to see where you are going, they rely on sonar. . . . .!

Note to evening office: If I move into the light, I will be seen - I do not want to be invisible, but I do not want to be shot down - help Lord in my visibility.
.

4 comments:

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

oho

brings back memories of discovering that when i stayed out late in the garden, the folks couldn't see me from the house

because they were standing in the light of the rooms

my canny father would look with his study light turned off!

Gilly said...

Ah yes, I used to love looking in windows of lighted rooms, knowing I was invisible to those inside.....

I hasten to add this was walking home from school in winter, or on a train. I was not a peeping Thomasina!

awareness said...

Ever since I read Harry Potter, I have secretly longed for an invisibility cloak.

J Pearson said...

Its all about who sees what and what we don't mind been seen.
I would go for one of those cloaks too.

When we step into His light, all is revealed..