Monday 31 December 2007

What a Hoot


A merry Christmas and a happy New Year to one and all.
Where have you been I hear you say; well of course the truth is I have been nowhere at all.It is strange that the last thing I mentioned was to look out for the owls, last night as I walked through the village I heard them again up by the old cemetary.
Nothing has changed - though much has happened and I couldn't begin to tell you all about it. Losing emails and address book through a computer crash were minor irritations - sticking close to those who matter in times of need has been a priority.

T
his time of year brings presents, those to give and those to receive; the dreaded Christmas card list - lost with the emails and contents of the hard drive (I know, backup). I know I missed some folk and now feel I owe a little more than just a card; I feel some good New Years resoloutions coming on.

Freeview digital TV has arrived at the friary with flat screen cinema style viewing, we can freeze frame and with on demand - catch up TV - video - Dvd - hard drive recording; we shall never miss another programme again.
The illusion is controlling time, the reality is there is not enough time to cope with all the choices.

I love to look at the moon as astronomy was a bit of a hobby for me, brother Timothy has a great interest and we talk alot about the stars. The moon goes through it's phases and never changes; of course here in the Uk cloud cover keeps this celestial night light well hidden. However I managed to catch this photo earlier this month just befre it became full.
Note to evening office: Lord help me to focus on the things that do not change so I may cope better with the things that do.

1 comment:

awareness said...

Happy New Year. Beautiful photo. When the moon was in that phase this month....from here I saw it rise above the river which runs by just below my home in a glow of orange. It truly was magnificent. I tried to capture it with my camera and had no luck that night.....it was like I was trying to capture an illusion. As quickly as this glowing orange moon appeared, it disappeared that quickly.....under a layer of clouds. Then, later in the evening, it peaked out again, now much higher in the sky and looked just like your photo.

Your note at the end.....is a lesson I too need to rekindle. Interesting how the things that do not change are the things which (for me at least) resonate God's presence in my life. The things that do not change are the miracles which greet us every day.....without fail.