Monday 26 November 2007

Untruth


The silver birch is standing tall, all the leaves have now gone. Still a young tree it looks very vulnerable when I think of our North east winters. Though it was necessary for the leaves to go, the young branches would not stand the weight of snow and there is goodness in the leaves for the ground life. The sea has been very rough recently though we are a few miles away I can hear it roaring when standing outside the back door. Just last week I looked out and caught sight of a rainbow, there was a pillar of colour standing a little higher than the parish church; I ran for my camera, large lens and tripod. It is nice to see a complete rainbow (sometimes a double) but these columns of light are amazing. The owls have returned, I have not heard them myself but a good neighbour heard them just the other night (kept her awake most the night she said).

I received an email from a friend far off who told me I should apply for a free book, it was regarding the end times. Evidently this is a prophet who has written a couple of books and (as they are so important) they are being given away free. I have received more emails now asking if I have sent for my copy. Being a suspicious Yorkshire man I looked up the author on the web, I did not go straight to his web site or any of the promotional sites linked to him. No, I found a web site that was telling me all about this man's dubious past and how we have heard all this before. It is interesting how we automatically want to discredit people, especially if what they are saying does not fit with us.

There has to be a line with this; the world seems full of truth / untruths / conspiracy theories and so many of them are cleverly woven. So where do I stand with all this? I know what I see in nature and the light and I base my time with people and tending to what is needed. The distractions can be only that, taking us away from what we are meant to be doing (what is important). Hours spent on the Internet, reading and discussing what might be! if we are "caught napping" when the Master returns, it will not go well for us. Focus on what is clearly true, so when you meet an untruth it will be seen for what it is
Note to evening office: Listen out for those owls, they are close by.
.

1 comment:

awareness said...

Christmas greetings to you.....I've missed your posts.

I hope this wonderful season is filled with joy and special moments for you.

ps. am looking out for the owls on this end. :)