Friday 24 August 2007

A moment in time

A moment in time
a fleeting thought
gone without knowing
but then did it linger

Cassiopeia the big W
a clear sky tonight
I recall as a boy
stories of the night

Memories wander
and should I mind
to take that time
and hold it for a moment

To payback some respect
for the joy and experience
the person
the moment

More precious than life
is the time you can give
for another to recall
again and again.

for George and the many hours we spent talking about Stars.

2 comments:

awareness said...

two nights ago, I found myself on a beach making a bonfire with my daughter. As the sun began to set, we fed the fire and waited for the others to join us. It turned out, we ended up enjoying a full 2 hours on our own talking and taking in the vista.....from twilight to night and were blessed with a sky of stars so plentiful that they seemed to connect to one another.....
then the half moon lifted up over the horizon......splashed with an orange wash. Amazing.

there's something about a bonfire and the night sky which allow for sharing thoughts. This was the biggest blessing.....uninterupted time with my daughter.

J Pearson said...

Thanks Awareness - Busy at present, hope to get back to the blog soon.
George was the night watchman at the local Gas works where I lived. That sounds like I lived at the gas works (I did). As a young boy, George would tell me about the stars, double stars, Nebulae and constellations. I still have a great interest in the heavens.