Monday 16 July 2007

Easter 2007

Christus Resurrectus Est! Vere Resurrectus Est!
Le Christ est ressuscité- il est vraiment ressuscité!
Christ is Risen, indeed He is Risen!


I wanted to be the first to wish you a very happy and blessed Easter, so I am sending this at sunrise.

Have you noticed recently the amount of greenery coming through; the hedgerow that was bare is beginning to green up. It is as if someone has been along with a pot of green paint and a brush - there are lots of vertical stripes dotted along the shrubbery and this weekend has been just lovely. I managed to escape for a short walk on Friday and took in some of the good air. There were many tourists (visitors) around but I felt strangely separate from that but close to God's creation.

Recently I had to do some preparation work, which required me to take some measurements. The overall project was to be produced by a number of folk and relied on good communication and some technical art work. Now I have already told you I can't draw. When the materials arrived it was found to be too short so without delay more was ordered and when that arrived - it was too big, but better to be safe hey! The artists got to work and set it edge to edge, yes you guessed it - too big.

I arrived early to set out the project armed with scissors and tape, this was going to be a Cut n Paste job (or so I thought). I really couldn't believe my eyes, it didn't just fit - it was a perfect fit. Now I have been around long enough to know that God can work through our inadequacies and weaknesses, but to say I was gob-smacked would be an understatement. I had to laugh, just me and God - an empty room and this enormous....

Later that day brother Michael started to explain (in detail) how he thought things had gone wrong, or was it right - now I am confused; brother Timothy just said "God knew what he was doing" enuf said!

No comments: