Sunday 17 October 2010

Night light

 035

Almost everyone had left after evening prayer and I took the opportunity to to capture some of the atmosphere through my lens.  A wonderful weekend conference in Derbyshire with amazing people from Trinidad & Tobago, America and all parts of the British Isles. 

A week later and I have just returned from a lovely walk, and I have brought back with me three reflections; I was joined by a good friend as I listened to her on my teaching CD as I walked. Somewhere on the CD’s she makes reference to walking and always to doing a circuit, i.e. not to come back the same was as you go; well I am quite content to enjoy the view ahead of me and it is so much different on the way back! Also I can calibrate my time and distance better. This time I purposely left my watch, mobile and most of all my camera at home – no distractions.008

Part of my journey took me past allotments these are random plots of land given over to gardening and here, also to some pips and hens. I am fascinated at to ingenuity of people that lay their hands on anything to build shelter, fences, containers to collect water and plastic bottles to blow in the wind and scare away the birds. Lastly I noticed the heavy laden branches of berries, red and black; one particular holly tree seemed more red than green, some would say it is the sign of a hard winter.

Further news on the old binoculars, they have moved to Redcar under the supervision of the little boys father. I on the other hand have been fortunate to borrow a relatively large telescope and at last can see the markings of Jupiter and it’s moons, I can see this being a marvellous distraction these clear winter nights.

009

Note to evening office:

Without the wind, we cannot hear the trees.

2 comments:

awareness said...

I lost my comment! It vanished in the night!

Let me try to capture my thoughts again.

I love the visuals...both internal and external you have captured in this piece David. Going for a walk at night (which is what i wrote about tonight too!) allows one to sift through many thoughts and feelings. What do people do who avoid reflective time? they must be saturated through and through.

Your note at the end of your posts always linger with me. I can't imagine not hearing the trees and the spirits who live in them. Thank God for the Holy Spirited wind.

J Pearson said...

My walking, as much as I enjoy it is in fits and starts. I begin my 10 day NLP practitioners course next week; really excited.