Monday 8 March 2010

The view

01b

Looking out of my window, I notice the view never changes; ok, so the trees have grown over the years and we have a few more houses, but essentially it hasn’t changed.

Each morning I look out with expectant eyes and frequently I am not disappointed, for the changes are immense.

Light itself changes colour, mood, depth and clarity, the sense of distance and my perception of environment changes; how I feel inside is a response to this outward view.

Note to morning office: You are the light of the world, may I change in response to You.

3 comments:

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

the reasons for my changing are usually not found to be so Godly...sigh!

awareness said...

I love how the light alters our lens. I Love how the light ties us directly to God. I'm feeling that right now......

J Pearson said...

MMP. The trees and flowers that are currently changing this time of year, are reflecting the glory of God - in doing what they are created to do - the process is change. I look in the mirror and see change (Ugh)! but confident that this too is Godly change.

Dana.
Light can also play tricks on our eyes, fooling us to believe we see things that are not there. I spent an evening last week with a group of Christian Magicians; what crazy people they are. They are using illusion to teach truth. I enjoyed leaning some of their secrets too.