Sunday 28 December 2008

Outwood bound


An afternoon walk across the moors found me the other side of Ugthorpe mill (above). The mill is pictured a few blogs ago withh all it's sails; today it is a converted dwelling. As I drew close on the moor road so many years ago, I would shout "I can see the minwill".

I took with me my new spotting scope and later headed towards the water, here I found a Redshank, some ducks and geese. Perhaps nothing spectacular, but I enjoyed the walk and oh yes, the scope works fine.

Note to evening office; Take a walk on the wild side (often).
.

2 comments:

awareness said...

I love the new heading photo David. I would love to see it in person. I seems very welcoming and full of stories.

Taking a walk on the wild side often....good advice. I believe it is where our visual acuity sharpens.

happy new year to you.

J Pearson said...

Dana - Many stories indeed, yet to be unfurled in the book. Must write a few more pages and get past that struggle point and into the swing (I am sure it will happen soon). 2009 fast approaches and weather permitting I shall pop out for a walk tomorrow.
All the best to you and your family.